A lot of us fundamentally misunderstand what leadership is. That’s to be expected when very few of us receive any training! So, what does it mean to be a leader, and how do we do it well?
In this episode, Alice will share her take on the most important part of leadership that – once learnt – will help you delegate, lead confidently, empower your team members and feel like a badass.
**TRIGGER WARNING – super brief mention of low mental health including suicidality – skip forward 30 seconds at the 15-minute mark.
- the ONE THING that can define your success as a leader
- the challenge of letting things go, especially for people who are used to doing everything!
- why doing everything yourself is a slippery slope that is bad for your own energy levels and even worse for your team
- how delegation, training and coaching leads to happier, more engaged and more successful teams
- the big difference between managers and leaders (and why it’s better for you to be the latter!)
- why you can slip back into bad habits when you’re under stress – spoiler alert: it’s not your fault. It’s your brain… stupid brain.
Recorded August 2021
If you enjoyed this episode, screenshot it and tag us on Instagram [@dark.coffee.wellbeing] with your biggest takeaway.
If you loved what you heard, please leave a review to help spread the conversation reach more people.
The Dark Coffee Podcast has unfiltered conversations around mental health and wellbeing in business, hosted by wellbeing coach and advocate, Alice Lyons (who sometimes struggles with all 3!)
The conversation doesn’t stop here! Follow us on social media or join our mailing list for more insights, tips and advice to help you bring your badass self to work:
If you’d like to speak with Alice about 1:1 coaching, book a free 20-minute coffee chat here so you can find out the details and ask all your juicy questions!
Podcast presented and edited by Alice Lyons.
Music Credit: ‘Infinite Landscape’ by Corinne
Suicide and Emotional Support Organisations – UK
Samaritans: Confidential suicide discussion and emotional support. Free helpline available round the clock. Text – 116123. Call – 08457 909090 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org. Website – www.samaritans.org
Mind: Support and information for anyone suffering from a mental health issue. 0300 123 3393 Website – Mind.org.uk
Saneline: Practical information, crisis care and emotional support to people affected by mental health concerns. Helpline: 0845 767 8000, open daily from 6pm – 11pm.