When it comes to workplace wellbeing, a discounted gym membership or ‘open-door policy’ from management isn’t going to cut it.
We need – scratch that – we deserve more from our employers. Because we all have a fundamental right to be supported emotionally, developmentally, and financially in our place of work.
In simple terms, we all want to go to work and feel good about it.
But here’s the head-scratcher: what does workplace wellbeing actually look like?
How can we put together an actionable wellbeing policy; one that helps us to build a happier, fulfilled community at work?
Glad you asked!
Today, I’ll equip you with 10 fundamentals of workplace wellbeing; consider this your essential guide for creating long-term, sustainable wellbeing practices in your organisation.
- Getting started: how to benchmark your current wellbeing practices and the next steps you need to take
- How to create an inclusive wellbeing policy that is accessible to everyone
- The 3 basic human needs that should underpin your wellbeing initiatives
- How wellbeing has a positive ripple effect throughout your business as a whole
- Who should take responsibility for workplace wellbeing in your organisation
- …and we’ll be tackling a contentious subject that makes us Brits squirm! (Can you guess what it is?)
If you enjoyed today’s episode and would like to discuss wellbeing in your workplace, you can book a free 20-minute coffee chat here so you can ask all your juicy questions!
Episode recorded May 2022
Mind Over Grind explores mental health and wellbeing in business, hosted by coach, facilitator and speaker, Alice Lyons.
The podcast is brought to you by Dark Coffee who bring their unfiltered wellbeing services to SMEs, so that you and your team feel badass at work! To find out more, take a look at our website https://www.darkcoffee.co.uk/ or get in touch: email@example.com
The conversation doesn’t stop here! Follow us on social media or join our mailing list for more insights, tips and advice to help you feel and perform at your best:
Music Credit: ‘Like a Fire’ by Flow State
Host: Alice Lyons