We all know the feeling of desperately needing sleep but not being able to switch our noisy brains off. Other times, we’ll get an inordinate amount of sleep but still wake up feeling groggy – which is a killer ahead of a busy workday!
So, how can we improve the quality of our sleep to give us the best head start and wake up feeling ready to tackle the to-do list?
Today, I’m bringing you some tried-and-tested methods that have worked for myself and my clients, as approved by science! (Don’t worry – I’m keeping the neuroscience basic so we can focus on the practicalities.)
- why we sometimes still wake up tired after having a long night’s sleep
- how we can optimise the QUALITY of our sleep
- why our brains need sleep
- the single BEST technique I know for emptying your brain before bed
- how your environment impacts your sleep, and suggestions for things you can tweak in your bedroom to help you slip into slumber
- how all these hacks are complicated when you share a bed with someone!
- …and I’ll be encouraging you to ‘suck it and see’ to find what works for you.
Remember, our wellbeing is a continual work in progress, but taking the time to make tweaks and see what happens can bring significant improvements. Good luck, and let me know how you get on!
Episode recorded September 2021
If you enjoyed this episode, screenshot it and tag me on Instagram @dark.coffee.wellbeing with your biggest takeaway.
And if you loved what you heard, please leave a review to help the conversation reach more people who need it.
Mind Over Grind explores mental health and wellbeing in business, hosted by coach, facilitator and speaker, Alice Lyons.
The podcast is brought to you by Dark Coffee who bring unfiltered wellbeing to SMEs, so that your team can feel great and do great things. To find out more, take a look at our website [https://www.darkcoffee.co.uk/] or get in touch: email@example.com
And the conversation doesn’t stop here! Follow us on social media or join our mailing list for more insights, tips and advice to help you bring your badass self to work:
If you’d like to speak with Alice about 1:1 coaching, book a free 20-minute coffee chat here so you can ask all your juicy questions!
Podcast presented and edited by Alice Lyons.
Music Credit: ‘Like a Fire’ by Flow State