No messing about today – I’m going to teach you the fine and noble art of how to stop being a dick to yourself. We have learnt over time how to put ourselves down and give ourselves a hard time… so it’s about time that we unlearn these bad habits.
Slight disclaimer: if you have suffered deep or complex trauma, you might find that today’s approaches won’t touch the sides. However, they may take the edge off and give you enough relief so that you start that process of being kinder to yourself, which can be a great starting point.
- The seven ways you might be being a dick to yourself on a regular basis
- Where these thoughts, feelings, and patterns of behaviour might come from (and why it’s not entirely your fault if you self-sabotage.)
- How our thoughts and emotions can hold us back in small and subtle ways that we might not be aware of
- How you can coach yourself to navigate these dicky behaviors
- How you can hack your brain chemistry to make self-support easier
- How self-awareness is a great starting point for treating yourself with more compassion
- … and why an evil candy floss machine is responsible for all of your problems!
If you’d like to get your new year off to a strong start, just screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @darkcoffeeco with your biggest takeaway for your chance to win a 60-minute 1:1 coaching session with me.
Not on Instagram? Just leave a review to let other people know what you enjoyed from the episode.
Episode recorded January 2022
Mind Over Grind explores mental health and wellbeing in business, hosted by coach, facilitator and speaker, Alice Lyons.
The podcast is brought to you by Dark Coffee who bring unfiltered mental fitness to SMEs, so that you and your team feel better, and work sucks less! To find out more, take a look at our website https://www.darkcoffee.co.uk/ or get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conversation doesn’t stop here! Follow us on social media or join our mailing list for more insights, tips and advice to help you feel and perform at your best:
If you’d like to speak with Alice about 1:1 coaching, book a free 20-minute coffee chat here so you can ask all your juicy questions!
Music Credit: ‘Like a Fire’ by Flow State