We all love the idea of creating better workplaces… but are we really taking everybody’s needs into account in order to build them?
Today, I’m joined by accessibility and inclusive work culture expert Rachael Mole to discuss how exploring the adjustments and improvements we can make for one person means everyone can benefit – from our team members to our clients and broader communities.
Rachael Mole is a disabled founder, and entrepreneur, shaking up what it means to have an inclusive workplace. Disabled since 12 years old, she faced barriers to education and the workforce. After a successful career building communities across the UK, she founded SIC in 2021- a social enterprise, bringing together her passion for mentoring, disability access, and workplace inclusion with the aim of helping to close the disability employment gap in the UK.
- a surprising definition for ‘disability’ which is going to blow your mind
- ableism comes from (spoiler alert: capitalism, baby)
- the disability employment gap that discriminates against disabled and chronically ill people
- how to create work systems and practices to accommodate people’s needs and support their success, rather than limit their progression
- why we should push for inclusivity at work, rather than just diversity
- why accessibility needs to be a larger part of DE&I conversations
- why creating flexible working for one person results in improvements for everyone
- … and the big fish you can expect to catch from opening a perceived ‘can of worms’
Ready to make your workplace more inclusive? Have a look at SIC’s business centre HERE to learn how they can support your goals.
Want to get in touch with Rachael? You can find her here:
WEBSITE – https://sicofficial.co.uk
LINKEDIN – https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachael-mole/
INSTAGRAM [Rachael] – https://www.instagram.com/thesicceo/
INSTAGRAM [SIC] – https://www.instagram.com/sicofficial.co.uk/
EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time!
Episode recorded April 2022
Mind Over Grind explores mental health and wellbeing in business, hosted by coach, facilitator and speaker, Alice Lyons.
The podcast is brought to you by Dark Coffee who bring unfiltered mental fitness to SMEs, so that you and your team feel badass at work! To find out more, take a look at our website https://www.darkcoffee.co.uk/ or get in touch: email@example.com
The conversation doesn’t stop here! Follow us on social media or join our mailing list for more insights, tips and advice to help you feel and perform at your best:
If you’d like to speak with Alice about 1:1 coaching, book a free 20-minute coffee chat here so you can ask all your juicy questions!
Music Credit: ‘Like a Fire’ by Flow State
Podcast Host: Alice Lyons
Editing by Leanna Larkin from Reluctant Heroines