Former Apprentice candidate and disruptive marketer Lewis Ellis about has learnt to forge his own way in the world through ignoring naysayers, embracing his quirks and building his self-confidence. He talks us through his career to date – from struggling financially alongside studying a Masters degree, through riding the publicity wave of The Apprentice, up to his recent redundancy (at the time of recording.) Lewis has now set up his own marketing agency Hussel Marketing alongside his travel startup ‘Hiddn Travel.’
Today we discuss:
– The pros and cons of being open, honest and transparent on social media
– How people resonate with the journey of entrepreneurship, not just the final destination
– Defining your own version of success and aligning it with your personality and values, not just tangible, objective measures
– How to bring your opinions, thoughts and beliefs to the work that you do
– Helping other people on the journey to success
– How not to be a dick in business(!)
– The emotional challenges that come with comparing yourself to others and feeling separated from your peers in terms of money, life stages and aspirations.
– How to recognise and cultivate your own style of working, whether it’s fast-paced and chaotic or slow and steady
– Embracing being different, disrupting the status quo and doing your own thing – and how these things will help build your self confidence
Get in touch with Lewis:
Hiddn travel website: hiddntravel.com
Hussel Marketing website: hussel.co.uk
If you’d like to stay up-to-date on Dark Coffee’s events and workshops, sign up to our newsletter on www.darkcoffee.co.uk or connect with Alice on social media:
Dark Coffee starts brave and bullshit-free conversations around mental health, wellbeing and business.
Join wellbeing advocate Alice Lyons as she attempts to normalise the conversation around mental health, from suicide to satisfaction and everything in between.
Dark Coffee aims to create a safe space to explore dark topics with curiosity and compassion.
Join the conversation by sharing this episode, subscribing to the podcast or following Alice across social media:
Dark Coffee provide mental health training for SME’s and professionals. To find out more, take a look at our website or get in touch: www.darkcoffee.co.uk
Your reviews will help Dark Coffee reach more people. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a review to help spread the conversation further.
Podcast presented and edited by Alice Lyons.
Music Credit: ‘Infinite Landscape’ by Corinne.
Suicide and Emotional Support Organisations – UK
Samaritans: Confidential suicide discussion and emotional support. Free helpline available round the clock. Text – 116123. Call – 08457 909090 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org. Website – www.samaritans.org
Mind: Support and information for anyone suffering from a mental health issue. 0300 123 3393 Website – Mind.org.uk
Saneline: Practical information, crisis care and emotional support to people affected by mental health concerns. Helpline: 0845 767 8000, open daily from 6pm – 11pm.