The first ‘Dark Coffee Morning’ took place on Facebook and Instagram Live, on Monday 23rd March. Later that same day, the UK was officially placed in ‘lockdown.’ Aiming to be a conscious stream of thought covering a multitude of topics, the Dark Coffee Mornings adapted each day along with the situation.
Discussed over the course of the Dark Coffee Mornings:
- 1st day of lockdown in the UK, coming together and our appreciation for technology
- The potential loss of interest in continuing a sense of community and being motivated versus those who adapt continually
- The things we’re capable of under pressure
- Businesses and their marketing, how brand messages and values are more important than ever
- Playfulness and how it can be so vital in getting through isolation
- What you might have learned about yourself under lockdown, what resources people might be using, starting new habits
- Adapting to the new normal
Welcome to Dark Coffee, the podcast that starts engaging and approachable conversations around mental health.
Join wellbeing advocate Alice Lyons as she attempts to normalise the conversation around mental health, from suicide to satisfaction and everything in between.
Dark Coffee aims to create a safe space to explore dark topics with curiosity, compassion and courage to empower people to build their mental strength, resilience and sense of connection.
Join the conversation by sharing this episode, subscribing to the podcast or following Alice on Linked In.
Your reviews will help Dark Coffee reach more people. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a review to help spread the conversation further.
Suicide and Emotional Support Organisations – UK
Samaritans: Confidential suicide discussion and emotional support. Free helpline available round the clock. Text – 116123. Call – 08457 909090 Email – email@example.com. Website – www.samaritans.org
Mind: Support and information for anyone suffering from a mental health issue. 0300 123 3393 Website – Mind.org.uk
Saneline: Practical information, crisis care and emotional support to people affected by mental health concerns. Helpline: 0845 767 8000, open daily from 6pm – 11pm