Congratulations – you’ve reached the end of another year! No mean feat in weird times like these.
But before we rush headfirst into goal setting and thinking about the year ahead, let’s take a minute to pause so we can reflect on wtf just happened.
Grab a brew, cuddle up and let’s debrief.
(Note: these prompts can be used to do a quarterly or monthly review, so keep it bookmarked somewhere handy to come back to later! They also make great conversation starters at parties…)
- reasons for reviewing your year – the perks and benefits of a reflective practice – even if you feel like you’ve had a tough time
- how I went from hating new year to enjoying the symbolic new beginning it represents – and how all of us can learn to do this
- a quick breakdown of the different ways you can reflect (because journaling isn’t for everybody!) and a hack to make the activity easier and more enjoyable, taking your learning style and preferences into account
- the 12 questions to ask yourself to review your year
- how to reflect on your personal and professional achievements, progress, challenges and lessons in a way that isn’t intimidating, harrowing or depressing as hell
Want to skip straight to the questions to do your review? Head to [41:22]
If you’d like to get your new year off to a strong start, just screenshot this episode and tag me on Instagram @darkcoffeeco with your biggest takeaway for your chance to win a 60-minute 1:1 coaching session with me.
Not on Instagram? Just leave a review to let other people know what you enjoyed from the episode.
Thanks for your support this year – here’s to you and the journey thus far.
Episode recorded December 2021
Mind Over Grind explores mental health and wellbeing in business, hosted by coach, facilitator and speaker, Alice Lyons.
The podcast is brought to you by Dark Coffee who bring unfiltered mental fitness to SMEs, so that your team feels better and work sucks less! To find out more, take a look at our website https://www.darkcoffee.co.uk/ or get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
And the conversation doesn’t stop here! Follow us on social media or join our mailing list for more insights, tips and advice to help you bring your badass self to work:
If you’d like to speak with Alice about 1:1 coaching, book a free 20-minute coffee chat here so you can ask all your juicy questions!
Podcast presented and edited by Alice Lyons.
Music Credit: ‘Like a Fire’ by Flow State